information, education & insight
Given the pace of technological advancement, new disciplines and terminology are constantly evolving, and technologies are changing rapidly. GenomePlus provides services to help interpret these changes and integrate them into current practice through education programs and consulting services:
Pharmaceutical and Medical Technology
Facilitation of education services to assist them in integrating genetic and genomic research into their work practices;
- Assist staff with clinical, regulatory or reimbursement submission responsibilities in understanding the genetics and genomic aspects of new products/tests/biomarkers and ensuring accurate inclusion in submissions.
- This is done by facilitating education by local and international experts from relevant clinical, genetics, genomic and related fields, to ensure staff have appropriate knowledge and understanding to meet their responsibilities.
Patient Advocacy and Support
Provision of practical services to assist Patient Advocacy and Support Groups to effectively engage and support patient needs.
- There is a growing need for patient advocacy groups to deliver more complex and comprehensive guidance as regulatory and reimbursement authorities (locally and internationally) are requesting more information from patients to guide decision making on new products.
- This work includes assisting support groups with tasks such as survey design, data analysis and report drafting, and by providing guidance and governance on patient registries or related activities.
Services offered include:
- Genomics Explainer - a general genomic education program for patients and carers (via patient support group), healthcare workers - either around a disease state or with respect to general healthcare, aimed to ensure informed decision making with respect to genome testing, informed consent, incidental findings, and healthcare implications.
- Genomics Engagement Program - for health professionals working in pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. These programs are tailored by industry, medical speciality or disease state and provides a general overview of genomics and related terminology, a disease specific in-depth analysis of genomic technology developments that will impact that disease and related resources.
- Tailored programs such as Lunch & Learns, Boardroom Wrap (rapid up skill sessions for senior managers), and G-Up (Regular update on changes in specific disease state or discipline) can be customised to meet organisation’s needs.
- Genomics Consultancy Services: Assessment of the impact of genomics on current and future business along with practical advice on incorporating this into strategic and business plans.